Monday, 1 June 2015

White Dwarf 105. My first issue

During a stop on the way to visit family in Yorkshire way back in 1989, I bought the White Dwarf issue 105. Flicking through the pages I came upon this image:
All RoC fans will recognise this wonderful piece of art as the front cover of the RoC 'Slaves to Darkness' book. Turning over the pages, I discovered this picture of the most wonderfully painted mini's I had ever seen:
Sorry about the dump photos as they really don't do them any justice. I totally recommend buying the old issues of WD's to really appreciate the pictures of painted mini's and, of course, the artwork. However, it was this page that truly amazed me and still does.
Look at the brilliant figures. This is the page I most look at out of all the WD's I own. I come back to this time and time again, mainly for painting inspiration. The Beastmen for me are interesting as it gives you an idea which are Slaanesh figures and which are Khorne. Of course you can choose what you like, but I suppose anything with one boob, a nipple or bondage gear is clearly Slaanesh. In WD 122 I noticed something regarding the Beastmen, but that will have to wait until my next post.