Wednesday 3 June 2015

A mini painted way back in 89

This is the first ever mini I painted way back in 1989.
I think it is from the Marauder Wood Elf range. The skin tone is not the best, but what I do like is the stripes on the trousers. I've never attempted to do this since painting this mini. I have thought about giving him a Dettol bath, but have decided against it as I know I would deeply regret it after. Besides, its the only mini left from my collection from way back, long since lost or sold. It's really strange how things just 'disappear' over time. I once owened a Palanquin of Nurgle. I suspect and still suspect my mother threw it away to clear up space in her house. A miniature taking up space! Ha.Why mum, why? Why punish me so?

P.S. Should my mother ever read this, sorry mum!




2 comments:

  1. Nice one. Still habe the models is first painted way back in time. Thought about selling those 2nd edition Marines from the 40k Box but just can't do it. They're too stuffed with nostalgia and memories. Oh sweet youth where have you gone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently sold a Marauder Dwarf Regiment for a very good price but, like you, I wasn't really sure if I was doing the right thing. Nostalgia certainly can be a cruel maiden, but I used the dosh to buy more lead that interests me now rather than then. Slowly chants.......must buy more lead, must buy more lead!

    ReplyDelete