Tuesday 3 January 2017

Chaos Centaur - Dwarfsticker Bloodhorse

Happy New Year/Gutes neus Jahr!

Now that all the festivities have ended, I managed to sneak into my painting corner to have a bash at a Chaos Centaur. I’ve never painted a horse before, but had a rough idea of what to do. Turned out it wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be. Anyhow, I had a go and this is the end product:

Dwarfsticker Bloodhorse





I’m not entirely happy with how the horse turned out, but following my policy of never quitting when painting a mini, I persevered. As I have quite a few of the fantastic Chaos Centaurs range, I will have plenty of chances to improve my horse painting technique. The beauty about painting Chaos figures is that you can go all out crazy with the paint jobs. Check out White Dwarf 98 which has this beautiful colour illustrated page of the classic Chaos Centaur range: 

Mine is at the bottom left. Brilliant names for all of them!


It’s a shame that some of the same Chaos Centaurs from WD98 ended up like as this:
Image stolen from Bryan Ansell's Collection


Brutal hey! Obviously they were involved in some mighty battle and ended up legless!




No comments:

Post a Comment