Friday 21 October 2016

A Couple of Right Thugs - Gorthar Chainarm and Pin Head



For a while now I’ve been meaning to try and paint human coloured skin something I haven’t really done before. Recently, I’ve been painting a lot of Slaanesh figure’s as I really like how you can go all out with the colour pallet. Anyhow, the first Thug I had a bash at is called Gorthar Chainarm (a huge thank you to Ross for informing me of the name. Check his blog out link):



I’m fairly happy with how the skin came out but there is still scope for improvement (or so I thought).

The second Chaos Thug is called ‘Pin Head’ as I’m sure you all know:




Again, I’m fairly happy with the paint job. There were times when I nearly gave up and was about to condemn Pin Head to a Dettol bath, but I persisted. Truth is I haven’t got any Dettol left so I had no choice (incidentally, does anybody know where you can buy Dettol or an equivalent in Germany?).

I’ve read that a lot of people use the Foundry paints flesh system for a decent skin colour, but I’m unsure whether to take the plunge. Maybe when I’m really flush with hobby funds I might grab a few of them. 

Auf Weidersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment